Pages

Sister-Friends by Naturally Pebbles

Tam’s memories of her great-grandmother’s garden fuel her passion for gardening.  Her desire to help the neighborhood she lives in is why she volunteers with the community garden.

When she started her own garden, I thought it was a little crazy, but hey let’s have a garden! The peppers were sweet and the zucchinis were huge.  I even gave a suggestion of what she should grow and am tickled at the stories of the animals eating the food.

We met far too many years ago and know each other so well that she hears me even when I don’t say anything;   I call right after she thinks my name;   We think the same thoughts.   My mother even calls us Tia and Tamera.

I write this to say that I love Tam and am happy to celebrate her birthday. I might not always say what is on my mind but I am always proud of her willingness to march to her own tune.  I wish her many, many, many more celebrations!  I am also honored to help in my own way on this journey of gardening.

So for her birthday I am going to bake a cake.  And this time I won’t use a box mix!

Until we blog again,

Naturally Pebbles

No comments:

Post a Comment